Chicago-born soprano Olivia Boen is equally at home in traditional and contemporary repertoire. As a recipient of the Frank Huntington Beebe Fund for Musicians Grant, she recently received her Master of Music from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London, where she is currently continuing her studies on the Opera Course. On the operatic stage, she has appeared in leading roles for Alcina and Serse (Händel), Don Pasquale (Donizetti), Gianni Schicchi (Puccini), and Les Mamelles de Tirésias (Poulenc).
Ms. Boen needed a site that projected her desired image that also maximizes available content and media without falling victim to the emerging artist bear trap of “several sparsely populated pages.” The result was a wonderfully user friendly one-page design with an embedded fly-out navigation that includes links to each module of content on the page. This not only makes the page lightening fast to navigate thanks to never needing to wait for page refresh, but it works equally well across all mobile and desktop devices.
The end result produced an exemplary example of a highly polished, professional image that can be achieved with high quality resource content (professional photography, quality media, and personalized copywriting).
- A remarkably user friendly one-page design that not only provides all necessary info but downloadable copies of bio, promotional photos, and C/V.
- Two custom logos: a smaller version made especially for the navigation bar and a larger version that resides inside the fly-out navigation and as a header element.
- A custom FavIcon and Apple Touch Icon that incorporates logo design elements.
- A sticky nav menu remains on screen at all time, making it even easier for site visitors to move between each content area.
- Extra Smartphone savvy by using large, finger friendly contact points throughout the entire design.