The Scioto Society, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation formed to advance, encourage and promote the recreational, industrial, economic, commercial and civic development of Ross County and the territory surrounding Chillicothe, so that the area could assume its’ rightful place in the early history of the United States. The Northwest Territory was in the particular thought of this process.
The first stage of that goal was realized when the premiere performance of the outdoor drama Tecumseh! was held in the summer of 1973, at the newly constructed Sugarloaf Mountain Amphitheatre. Its 206-acre location was purchased by the Society and its 1800 seats continue to fill to capacity each summer. The drama has grown in popularity worldwide over the years. It has been selected, as one of the top 100 attractions in North America by the American Bus Association, and it has received local, state, regional, and even national acclaim. It has drawn well over 2.5 million visitors to Chillicothe during the past 42 years. Along with serving economically, and culturally to the area, Tecumseh! serves as a tradition to many families and is the first live arts experience for many children in Ohio.
Tecumseh! launched a design update in early 2017 and since we we started tracking their metrics two years prior, we had a terrific amount of data at our disposal to help shape design and content decisions that maximize conversion and UX.
In addition to their primary site, The Scioto Society also maintains a one-page micro site for their live fall attraction, HauntedMountaion.org.
Event Management & Ticket Conversion
- Separate event management for summer Tecumseh! performances and related events and non-summer special events.
- Direct occurrence ticket purchase links from Venture’s custom event calendar and event lists.
- New for 2017! Dedicated ticket purchase boxes adopt a traditional price box format to highlight their regular and VIP ticket options.
- A contemporary sticky menu design pins the navigation bar to the top of the page no matter how far a user scrolls down a page. As the user scrolls down the page, the menu collapses to a smaller size.
Numerous custom graphic design layouts for mega menu panels.
- A live google map embedded into “Your Visit” content.
- Organizational logo inserted into mega menu with a layered effect over content.
- New for 2017! The mobile nav menu features a direct ticket purchase button with special highlight styling.
- Complete third party fulfillment support links each product through to existing Square store, including memberships and donations!
- A touch friendly interface makes it easy for users to interact with the site’s numerous jQuery powered elements, such as the FAQ toggles and ticket purchase buttons.
- Email subscription forms automatically push values to the organization’s MailChimp account, no more manual export/import process!
- New for 2017! A new video background element utilizes one of the recent television commercials for the header row. On Smartphone and tablets, the video automatically converts to a custom static image.
- New for 2017! An animated stats module highlights the organization’s accomplishments and community contributions.