The Orlando Philharmonic is, at its core, artists and advocates who are gifted with a passion for music, and have both the tremendous privilege and unshakable responsibility to share it. Music speaks for the heart, and profoundly impacts the growth, enrichment, inspiration, healing, maturity, and expression of the human experience.
The Orlando Phil needed a new website that captured those principles, created a user friendly ticket buying experience, and connected with their Tessitura TNEW account. We also styled the template so it provides a worthwhile user experience on mobile devices. If you’re group is a Tessitura user, you know that’s not a default feature and usually requires spending a lot of extra money on an app based solution. The total cost for the TNEW work was barely more than what Tessitura charges their users for their limited off the shelf template (which isn’t mobile ready!).
Orlando’s site features a number of our latest cutting edge design tools, such as svg logo and design graphics (like the swirls and swooshes used for some of the row backgrounds), a focused effort toward accessibility, and material design grid based event card layouts for event lists.
- A strong material design approach makes it easy for site visitors to visually distinguish the large number of events on listings and searches.
- Gorgeous landing page designs highlight their capital project.
- WCAG compliant color contrast.
- Featured images used as headers on static pages.
- A novel customer service portal
- TNEW7 template for Tessitura automatically pulls all header and footer elements from the site so if Orlando makes any updates to their nav menu or footer content, it gets pushed over to the TNEW side without them lifting a finger.
- Sticky navigation makes it easy for patrons to navigate and purchase tickets across all device types.