The Emberlight Festival produces world-class art within the natural beauty of Michigan’s western Upper Peninsula. We collaborate with local, regional and international artists to create affordable, life-enhancing experiences that spark imagination and ignite learning in our audiences and communities. The Emberlight Festival is a branch of Theatre North (Ironwood, Michigan), one of the oldest continually-running community theatres in the United States, and also the hometown stage of Miles Mykkanen.
Each summer the Emberlight Festival creates programs that celebrate artists, musicians, actors, filmmakers, creative writers and dancers. Although each season’s events will depend on that year’s festival theme and resources, we are building four pillars of the Emberlight Festival that will be presented every season:
- International Film Festival
- Main Stage
- Art in the Park
- and the Ambassador Program
As their offerings grew, they needed a website capable of presenting a wide array of event offerings, highlighting artists and productions, and delivering a distinct visual impact.
When it was all said and done, we from “let’s do this” to site launch in eight weeks.
The end result turned out fabulous and we provided them with the fundamental features they needed such as vastly improved single event show pages with calendars that make it easy for patrons to find shows and buy tickets, a variety or specialty form, and layouts that show off all of their fabulous photography and graphic design elements.
- A contemporary dark design approach projects a classy image and is easy to reach on any device and any light conditions.
- A strong material design approach makes it easy for site visitors to visually distinguish the large number of events on listings and searches.
- our proprietary artist profile feature provides makes it easy to create a wide array of artist, staff, and program profile pages.
- Gorgeous event listing page uses existing graphic design assets to produce a lovely grid based layout.
- Loads of beautiful full width background images used throughout the home page and most interior static pages.
- WCAG compliant color contrast.
- Sticky navigation makes it easy for patrons to navigate and purchase tickets across all device types.