The new Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra (ESO) website was designed to invite visitors to join the orchestra in its mission to ignite lifelong engagement with music through high-caliber performance, innovative programming, and community collaboration.
The ESO was coming from a very dated, old school publishing platform and that meant updating content, generating images and media, and investing in a user-first design. Thanks to a clear vision from the ESO’s leadership, they were able to generate a large amount of new and updated content in a very short period of time.
Using a very “yes, and…” approach to the design, the end result turned out fabulous. The updated color palette was ideally suited for the numerous graphic design elements rooted in contemporary linear design style. Imagery is heavily rooted in the user experience and projects a clear expectation for the emotional journey they can expect when attending events.
The patron-centric approach was carried through to content design where single event pages feature headers such as What’s Interesting About This Concert instead of the obligatory Description. Repertoire became What’s Playing while Soloists became Who’s Performing. Event pages include Spotify playlists and when available, a number of exploratory items where patrons can self-select their continued discovery journey.
Most importantly, single event and event listing pages make it easier than ever for patrons to find events and buy tickets.
- A modern, clean design approach combined with high contrast text and call to action elements provides visitors a comfortable user experience.
- Loads of beautiful full width background images used throughout the home page and most interior static pages.
- Liberal use of svg graphics provide one of the fastest average page load speeds among all our users.
- Bold graphic design elements.
- Event pages include direct ticket purchase links to each performance and more information about each program.
- Gorgeous event listing page uses existing graphic design assets to produce a lovely row based layout.
- WCAG compliant color contrast.
- Sticky navigation makes it easy for patrons to navigate and purchase tickets across all device types.